The First 7 Days
- Arrange an initial meeting with your Program Director (PD):
- Talk to her/him about your expectations such as work hours, calling EARL (Employee Absence Reporting Line) for any absences, capturing flex hours, etc.
- Ask about attending the Daily Bed Meeting.
- Confirm your area’s cost centres (CC). Fill out the necessary Signing Authority Form to get the cost centres under your name and have them signed by the PD.
- Register for Epro, the online procurement system of products and services and obtain your PD’s approval for the request. If you need to sign up for ePro training, email: VCHeProtraining@vch.ca
- Contact your assigned PCM Administrative Assistant who will likely be able to assist you with many questions you have.
- Ask to be placed in the PCM and Clinical Operations Group (COG), Leader on Call (LOC) and Expanded Leadership Forum (ELF) email distribution lists.
- Ask to have the meetings related to each of these groups addded to your Outlook calendar.
- Ask to have any other standing program/unit meetings added to your calendar.
- Ask to have access to the shared PCM network drive.
- Obtain Photo ID and access to the areas you will require.
- Obtain access to PHC email and your office phone. You may need a requisition sent for this.
- Obtain a PHC Mobile Device (if needed).
- Ask your Program Director (PD) to be assiend a peer mentor.
Last updated Tue, Jun 19, 2018