Workplace Injury Reporting
1. Inform your Clinical Nurse Leader / Supervisor
2. Call for First Aid
- St. Paul’s, MSJ, Holy Family, Langara, Youville: Call Security at Urgent: 5800 / 604.677.3672 and Non-urgent: 4777 / 604.677.3734 to dispatch a First Aid Attendant
- Brock Fahrni Pavilion: Call Security @ Urgent 604.677.3655 and Non-urgent 604.875.2999 to dispatch a First Aid Attendant
3. Call the Workplace Health Call Centre (WHCC) at 1.866.922.9464 to report your injury
If you are reporting a Blood and Body Fluid exposure or a Communicable Disease exposure, be sure you speak with an Occupational Health Nurse first. Be prepared to provide your name, employee ID, and details about your incident. Workplace Health Call Centre is available from 7am-5pm (Mon-Fri). During after hours leave a voicemail and you will be contacted the next business day.
4. Call the WorkSafeBC Teleclaim line
If your injury results in time loss (not counting the day of injury), you must call the Teleclaim line at 1.888.967.5377 to provide information for your claim.
PLEASE NOTE: In the case of a Blood and Body Fluid exposure (needle stick or splash to eyes, mouth or broken skin) be sure the First Aid responder brings the special paperwork required and assists you and your leader to fill out the documents before going to the Emergency Department.
For further information, please visit PHC Connect.