Providence Health Care is committed to preventing workplace violence. The Violence Prevention Program is designed to give leaders and staff the tools and skills they need to prevent and manage violent behaviour at work.
The Violence Prevention Program is staffed by a team of clinical, safety and administrative staff dedicated to reducing the risk of violence in the workplace and assisting staff and teams to respond to violent incidents.
Violence Prevention Program staff are available to provide consultation, resource information, training and assistance in the areas of:
- Employee Orientation
- Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum facilitation
- Specialized training for staff groups or teams
- Care planning and safety consultation
- Violence/ Aggression Risk Alert System
- Incident investigation and review
- Developing procedures and policies addressing workplace violence
- Risk Assessments
Report a Violent Incident - All incidents of violence experienced by staff must be reported to a supervisor and the Workplace Health Call Centre at 1.866.922.9464.