A critical incident is an event taking place that causes a powerful emotional reaction. The Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provides Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) services for work related critical incidents. Some common examples in health care are:
- Death or suffering of a patient, resident, or colleague;
- Caring for a patient or resident you know or who reminds you of someone you know;
- Needle stick injury or any medical task that has put you at risk;
- Threatening behaviour, verbal or physical, in the workplace or while at work in the community;
- Disaster or multiple casualty incidents;
- An adverse medical event.
CISM services help those impacted by critical stress by offering opportunities for healthcare employees to talk about difficult events in a confidential, safe, and supportive process.
For more information, or to access CISM services call 1.800.505.4929 or visit the EFAP website: www.efap.ca